Monday, May 23, 2016

5/23 Fly Fishing Report

It's not Friday but I didn't think there was much in reporting on Friday with Saturday's forecast.  The bigger fish have left the Chesapeake for the most part.  There are still a few cows milling around since the water temps have remained pretty much ideal.  Eastern Bay has seen a number of fish that I would not have expected for this time of year as has Chesapeake Beach which has had an awesome bite.  There's not a ton of structure off of Chesapeake Beach so the bass will be wherever the bait is which can change as often as each tide.  I still think there's a solid fly bite in the rivers and the river mouths on an outgoing tide.  I haven't seen the topwater, lowlight bite turn on yet but that could just be me.

Remember: If anything's gonna happen it's gonna happen out there!

Capt. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment